This episode, we talked tea with Boba Guys and Tea People co-founder Bin Chen! He's had one of the most unique design careers we've ever heard of and he tells a really great story - which made this episode especially fun for us. Hopefully, you'll dig it too!
If you have feedback or suggestions please don’t hesitate to reach us on Twitter at @designdetailsfm!
- IconFinder – Promo code ‘ROBOT’ for 50% off your first month of Iconfinder Pro!
- Iconfinder's Definitive Guide to Apple Watch Icons
Bin on the Web
3:30 - Beer!
5:00 - What are you working on?
- Tea People
- Andrew Chau
- Boba Guys Blend #1
- Ken Ken Ramen
- Mission Mission
- Ajay Nainani
- Biddenly Kickstarter
15:30 - Tea People and Boba Guys' Culture
- Boiling frog
- Yvon Chouinard
- Sheryl Swoopes
- Boba Guys Nashville Pop-up
- The Buffer Culture
- Myers-Briggs Personality Test
26:30 - Differences between digital design and brick and mortar
- Net Promoter Score
- Pure Milk Tea
- the Boba Guys branding & aardvark
- Blue Bottle Coffee
- Ritual Coffee
- Four Barrel Coffee
- boba straws
- LLAP emoji
37:00 - How Bin got into design...
- Adobe Premiere 1.0
- Adobe ColdFusion
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- Foot pedal for toilets
- Google Patent Search
- Ben Brown
- Michael Eisner
- John C. Jay
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- Wieden & Kennedy
53:00 - Generalism vs Specialty
59:00 - Managing vs Individual Contribution
1:07:00 - Scaling in digital vs physical space