This week, we recap last week's Fight Me poll results, cover some news on React and Firefox, answer a listener question about professional labels, review a listener's side project, and share a couple cool things.
- "How are you getting prepared for Framer X?" from the Spectrum Framer Community
- React for Designers by Zach Johnston
- Meng To is considering a sequel to his own React for Designers (no relation)
- "Evolving the Firefox Brand"
- Instagram Icon Family from Brand New: "New Icon for Instagram Done In-house
- Office 2011 for Mac Icon Suite from Brand New: "Office for Mac Icons Get Tangled"
- Chevron Logo
- Note: Marshall is dumb and said "The Fox Is Black" when he was probably thinking of Watch Dogs or something.
- @CrowCrane asks: "In the world of product design, I’ve found it’s often difficult to define your roll. Who am I?!"
- Got your own questions? Ask us on Twitter or Spectrum!
Side Project Review:
Note: Because digital design is ephemeral, the project linked below may no longer match the version we reviewed on the podcast. Just a heads-up :)
- PodLink by Nathan Gathright
- Note: Marshall is dumb and said "bounce light" when the actual thing is called "ambient illumination".
- Got your own side project you want reviewed? Tell us about it on Twitter or Spectrum!
One Cool Thing:
- Marshall shared "Dissect Podcast" by Cole Cuchna
Design Details on the Web:
- Join the conversation on Spectrum
- Leave us a review on iTunes
- We are @designdetailsfm
- Brian is @brian_lovin
- Marshall is @marshallbock
This week's episode was brought to you in part by InVision Studio
InVision Studio is the world’s most powerful screen design tool that brings together design, prototyping, animation, and collaboration all in one place. Check it out and get started for free at https://www.invisionapp.com/studio