This week, Brian and Marshall debate the length of time between whiteboard sketches and high-fidelity mocks. In news, Discord announces a store, Breaker announces a podcast marketplace, and Refactoring UI is going to be a book. Finally, a couple cool things like a wall-mounted home gym and a book about capturing attention.
- "The Discord Store Beta"
- Breaker Upstream
- Steve Schoger and Adam Wathan recently tweeted about their new book Refactoring UI
Slow Iteration vs Fast HiFi: How should we start new projects? Should we slowly build to high-fidelity, or is it okay to jump quickly into pixel-perfect mocks?
One Cool Thing:
- Marshall shared Tonal (hat tip to Michael Boswell)
- Brian shared The Attention Merchants: The Epic Scramble to Get Inside Our Heads
Design Details on the Web:
- We are @designdetailsfm
- Brian is @brian_lovin
- Marshall is @marshallbock
- Join the conversation on Spectrum
- Leave us a review on iTunes
This week's episode was brought to you in part by InVision Studio
InVision Studio is the world’s most powerful screen design tool that brings together design, prototyping, animation, and collaboration all in one place. Check it out and get started for free at https://www.invisionapp.com/studio